Do you know what is special about the following sentence? ‘The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog’. This type of sentence is called a ‘pangram’ as it uses every letter in the English language.
1. The longest word in English has 45 letters: ‘pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis’! It is a type of lung disease caused by inhaling ash and sand dust.
2. Swims will be swims even when turned upside down.
3. ‘I am.’ is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.
4. English is the official language of the air. All pilots speak in English on international flights.
5. The word ‘set’ has the highest number of definitions.
6. Month, orange, silver, and purple do not rhyme with any other word in English.
7. The oldest English word that is still in use is ‘town’.
8. The word ‘Goodbye’ originally comes from an Old English phrase meaning ‘God be with you’.
9. Happy is used three times more often in English than sad.
10. The day after tomorrow is called “Overmorrow“.
11. 80% of all written Paragraphs in English feature the word “THE.”