A lot of us have confusion in the time expressions ‘ago’ and ‘before’ even though we have good command on the language. So, here is an explanation to help us all understand the difference between ‘ago’ and ‘before’.
1. A time expression to count back from present .
2. Something that happened at a particular time in past(specific).
3. It is used with past indefinite tense.
His father died three years ago
He left 10 minutes ago.
He called me some minutes ago.
1. A time expression to count back from a past moment.
2. It is used to refer time between then and now.
3. It is used with present perfect tense.
Have you not seen him before.
Have you ever been there before.
I have met her before.
Don’t forget to share it.